Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Favorite Lessons of the Month

I teach over 450 lessons a year. Sometimes I just forget what I've done and sometimes a lesson changes multiple times as the month progresses. In an effort to help me remember what worked, I try and blog about my most successful lessons of the month. Here's some of my favorite from the past month:

3rd: We read Ping and Pong Are Best Friends (mostly) and then discussed feelings of jealousy and what we can do to cope with those feelings using my activity packet online. Next we watched this cute video on conflict resolution.

After the video I broke students into teams and they had to create as many conflict resolution strategies as they could. We ended our lesson with some words of wisdom from Kid President.

4th Grade: We talked about perseverance and growth mindest.
First we read one of these awesome books:






As we were reading or during reading students wrote down examples of a negative or fixed mindset. You can use blank post it notes or Counselor Keri has an awesome resource for this lesson.

Next we watched some great videos on Class Dojo. 

After watching the videos I put students into groups and each group had to change at least 4 fixed mindset statements into positive mindset statements. I made it a relay race and as teams finished they either got supplies for the Marshmallow Challenge or the paper for the Class Dojo challenge


5th- We are doing to Weird! Series. Check out all the details here.

3 comments:

  1. Find the top rated & reviewed psychotherapy, therapy and counseling services in NYC. Visit Our Website Today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Learners will be conscious about the dreadfulness of drug addiction, AIDS and therefore they will be free from all these. Besides, Electrical Installation

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Loved that all you have shared and this will help me a lot in my career.
    Thanks for sharing.
    https://www.tucareers.com

    ReplyDelete