Saturday, December 7, 2013

Book Sale

One of my favorite days and favorite ways to see friends is at the annual Scholastic warehouse book sale. It's a must attend event. Imagine a warehouse of all your favorite books on sale for 20-80% off, plus a $10 off $50 spent coupon. I always go over my allotted budget and this year was no different. I did however score 15 books for about $45. I didn't find "Flora the Flamingo" or "Mustache Baby" but hopefully I'll get a good deal on those soon. Here are just some of the books I did get today (almost all of which were under $9 and some were only $1):

Book Sale Scores

"Mirror Mirror" by Marilyn Singer- to use to discuss different point of views.

"The Sandwich Swap" by Her Majesty Queen Rania- great book about friendship.

"How To Talk So Kids Can Learn At Home and in School" By Adele Faber and Eliane Mazlish- this series is my all time favorite for parents and teachers so I always grab extra copies when I can because I lend them out so much. It was only $5 so I had to get it.

"How To Handle A Bully" by Nancy Wilcox Richards- great to read with my older grades.

"Someday" by Eileen Spinelli-A MUST have career day book. It was only $2.50 and I just can't get over how excited I am to have this book.

"My Dog Is A Hero"- a book about working dogs with amazing jobs- perfect for career day since I have always wanted to do a careers of animals day.

"Silly Dog" by Adam Stower- A book about a little girl who finds a bear and mistakes him for a dog. So sweet.




"Name That Dog!" by Peggy Archer- an adorable book of puppy poems from A-Z that I plan on using for an icebreaker activity.

"When I Grow Up" by Al Yankovic- for career day of course!



"Each Kindness" by Jacqueline Woodson- I can't believe this was only $8.50. If you don't own this Coretta Scott King Award Winner you need to. It talks about the ripple effect of our actions and I am going to read it next week to some older classes that seem to not be getting along lately. Seriously go buy this.

"Mouseton Abby" by Joanna Bicknell- this is actually going to be a dedication book and gift for one of our teachers so we can add it to the school library.






I got a few more too, but I can't share because they are Christmas gifts hehe.

If you live in Nashville or the surrounding areas make sure you shop at this amazing Scholastic Event!!


No comments:

Post a Comment