Monday, September 7, 2015
"What If Everybody.."
I love this story for so many reasons:
1) The illustrations really engage the students.
2) You can introduce so many topics with it:
- Character Education Traits like responsibility, respect, and citizenship.
- The importance of classroom, school, and community rules/laws.
- Rules and consequences
- Cause and effect
3) It works for a variety of ages. It's always hard to find a book that appeals the masses, but I've used this book for grades 2-5th and they all love it.
In fact I love it so much I made some discussion cards for students. You can use the cards to help facilitate discussion as you read or as a game (Quiz Quiz Trade) at the end of the story. You could also use the cards as writing prompts! Get them at my TPT store.
These discussion cards are a companion for the book "What If Everybody Did That" by Ellen Javernick. You can use the cards as you read the story or as a discussion/review game at the end. This 20 page packet includes: 80 question cards, directions to play Quiz Quiz Trade, and connections to Common Core and ASCA Mindsets. Some of the cards ask similar questions, but they are differentiated for your grade and reading level of your students. There is also a blank card for you to create your own question.