Sunday, August 5, 2012

Don't Judge A...



......Dog By It's Breed! 

MapIsn't timing something. I recently blogged about not judging a person by their trash and not judging a book by it's cover. Then this past Saturday I had the opportunity to volunteer with Nashville Pittie and attend an event that is a living breathing example of this! Watch more below!!

Aimee Stubbs Photography
It's amazing to me how many people make split judgements based on what they see on TV, hear, read, but not what they live. If you met a Pit Bull I imagine your impression would be this:
  • They are lovers.
  • They are goofy.
  • They have wiggly butts.
  • They are heroic.
  • They are too kind to be guard dogs.
  • They are people pleasers.
  • They are family. 
Owning a Pit Bull has changed me. It has changed me for the better. I has shown me a side of people I never thought existed, it has shown me people can be judgmental, it has shown me discrimination like I have never seen before, it has made me stronger.  It is my goal to take these lessons to my students to teach them to form their own opinions, to look past stereotypes, to look past a bad few, to get to know people (and Pits) for whom they really are.

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment