Thursday, November 15, 2012

My Book Wish List

My amazon cart is always full of books. Right now it has almost a $100 in books sitting in my cart and I keep talk myself in and out of hitting purchase.

Here is my wish list:



I follow "Ruby" on Facebook and I love seeing all the pictures and read about all her adventures. I really want to get her "pawtograph" one day.


I went back and forth on this book when I saw it in the store. On the one hand I think I will love it, but on the other even the cover makes me want to burst into tears. I am a sap for anything animal related. I want to be brave and get through this one.

Well this one isn't on my wish list anymore, because when I went to blog about it Amazon said they only had 11 copies left in stock. Darn you Amazon and your sneaky ways. I'll let you know how it is.

Recently there was an episode of "Pitbulls and Parolees" where a young pit from Nashville was forced to leave the state for good and live with Tia at her sanctuary for the rest of her life. At first I was furious that this was her only option, but many pits don't get a second chance at life and so for that we are grateful. I have some students that I want to read this with so we can discuss second chances and not taking life for granted.


Our librarian just got a copy of this and I am itching for a copy of my own. This book is very well written and has lots of personal stories. I want to incorporate this into my lessons on judgements and fact vs. fiction.


Speaking of second chances. Here are 3 books about dogs that have all over come struggles. What inspiration!

Amazon got me again! This one came up as a recommendation and it's like Amazon knows I can't say no to that cover.

I might be spending half my holiday gift budget on myself this year =/

No comments:

Post a Comment