Monday, February 17, 2014

Calling All Readers

Today the Knox school counselors all meet during our inservice day. One of the things we discussed was "mindfulness," and I immediately thought of a book I just found.

The book is "Angry Octopus: An Anger Management Story introducing active progressive muscular relaxation and deep breathing" by Lori Lite. I think it looks great, but I wondered if anyone used it and what they thought. I also wondered if others out there felt comfortable sharing this resource with parents. I love the idea of incorporating "mindfulness" and "progressive muscle relaxation" but I have also had parents telling me they don't their kids learning "that kind of stuff." So has anyone out there used the book? What did you think?

1 comment:

  1. I have used clips of the book from You Tube. I also like her book A Boy and A Bear.

    ReplyDelete