Friday, February 8, 2013

Top Dog Books....Collaboration With Your Librarian

First, I have to brag on my good friend, our school librarian, Mrs. Svarda for being school and district teacher of the year. She is simply amazing at everything she does. One of the many things she excels in is collaboration, and I am always taking advantage of it.

Here is this months Top Dog book display. For those of you who are new to my blog, my character education program is called "Top Dogs" and you can read more about it here.

Today one of the most amazing mom's ever helped me amp up my display. First, we had paw prints leading to the book display with a rug I got in the dollar bin at Target. It's a fun way to draw student to my display while reminding them (through my brand) that this probably has something to do with counseling.

We add some fun paw displays and surrounded the books with words that you may find in the definition our character education word of the month- "caring."





This is my favorite part! She made dog collars for each of the books that can easily slip off when a student checks one out. The idea was to make the books eye catching. As we were working in the library a student came over and asked what made those books "Top Dog" books- win! It was the perfect opportunity to talk about my character education program.


Our character education word of the month.


No comments:

Post a Comment