Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Happy National School Counseling Week





It's National School Counseling Week!!Yay!!!


This year I decided I had to celebrate and advocate for my program (and all of you). So here is my week, what are you doing?

Monday:

Announcement:* 
This month’s Top Dog word is courage. Courage means being brave and meeting a challenge without giving in to fear.This week is National School Counseling week! Do you know about all of the special things school counselors do? Counselors help students face their fears and encourage students to be brave every day.
This week to celebrate National School Counseling week Ms. Filtness is hosting a trivia challenge. Each day we will read a trivia question about Ms. Filtness and her program. If you think you know the answer write the answer, your full name, and teachers name on a piece of paper and turn it in to Ms. Filtness by lunch. Winners will be announced at the end of the day. 





* I got the announcement ideas from the "ASCA Scene."




Tuesday
 Today was chicken soup and chocolate for the soul day*. I made several veggie soups and purchased chicken soup from a local favorite: Demos. I also scored a sweet coupon deal and got saltines at Publix for a penny! I added to the luncheon by making a few trays of brownies and some chocolate treats. To finish it off I put out some fun magazines, the kind I like to curl up with on the couch on Sundays, like "Real Simple" or "Marie Claire." *idea also borrowed from the "Scene."


Announcement: This week is National School Counseling week! Do you know about all of the special things school counselors do? School counselors run small groups to help students get through tough times, like when they need help dealing with their anger or learning how to be a friend!
Today’s trivia question is: “What is the name of Ms. Filtness’s dog?”



Wednesday

I put a little gift from ASCA in my teachers boxes:



"Celebrate School Counseling" pencils




"I Love My School Counselor" stickers




Announcement: Happy School Counselors Week. Do you know about all of the special things school counselors do? School counselors meet individually with kids when they have specific problems to help them get through a difficult situation! Today’s trivia question is: “Do you know the name of any of the small groups Ms. Filtness has run this year?

Thursday

Who wants  a little R&R? Since I also teach Pilates/Yoga/Toning I offered my teachers a yoga/relaxation class after school. 

AnnouncementDo you know about all of the special things school counselors do? School counselors have to plan their lessons, groups, and individual meetings around three important school areas: academic, emotional, and career! This helps all kids to learn and grow into well-rounded citizens. Today’s trivia question is: “How many animals does Ms. Filtness have in her house right now?”


Friday
My favorite day! Happy early Valentines!! I filled snack size bags with M&M's and put these custom labels on. I am in love for obvious reasons ;)


My pitties!

The last trivia question is “ Where was Ms. Filtness born?”

All Week:
This was in my last newsletter.


Winners of the trivia contest got a school counselor sticker, pencil, and free ice cream coupon (donated from Chick Fil A).




Answers to my trivia:
Brooklyn is my doggie, my groups have included:  Chill Pills, Cool Beans, Banana Splits, Jelly Beans, or Cupcakes, I have two pit bulls Brooklyn and a foster dog Seven and a cat Fidget (3 animals total), and I was born in Coventry England. 



No comments:

Post a Comment