Thursday, July 12, 2012

Continuing Education

Every summer I try to squeeze as much professional development in as I can. This summer I have been focusing on increasing my technology skills and I think I am improving thanks to one Elizabeth Shepherd.  She suggested taking a Google class and I am so glad I did.

Google has a lot of resources for educators, including professional development trainings. I have never really tapped into their resources and now that I have I feel like a tech dork for not.

When you want to research a topic, what is the first thing you do? Most of us and most of our students would probably say "Google it!" It's true I Google almost everything, so decided that one class that might come in handy is improving my Google search skills.
I enrolled and just stated a web class on "power searching."