Thursday, March 7, 2013

PBIS World

An amazing school psychologist shared this resource with me and I really love it. I have put it in numerous e-mails, newsletters, and notes to my teachers. I can't encourage them to use it enough. If your school uses  Positive Behavior Intervention Support then make sure your staff bookmarks this site.



Here's how it works:



1) Teachers can pick from a list of behaviors.




2) Next it will give you a description list. This is great because sometimes we think our students are doing one thing, but really there is another issue at hand. This list allows teachers to say yes that is my student or you know what no, I need to look at the list of behaviors again.



3) After you find the behavior that describes your student you are given a level of Tier One Interventions. One thing I always point out to my teachers (although sometimes on deaf ears) is the amount of time it suggests you try the intervention. How many times do teachers send a student to you and then act surprised when their behavior hasn't completely changed after one session?



The user is also offered behavior tracking sheets.



4) If Tier One didn't work, you can go to Tier Two.


Again you can choose from a list and then click the suggestion to read more. The description includes why you should do it, how you should do it, when you should do it, and additionally resources.



5) Lastly, if all else fails there is the Tier Three Interventions.


I think this is one of the most user friendly behavior websites, but now I need one for pups that include what to do about the following behaviors:

*A desire to always eat wood.
* Constantly giving sloppy wet kisses.
*Jumping on people.
* Lack of social skills- such as trying to lick the cat when she is hissing at you.
*Eating plastic forks.
*Eating paper towels.
*Hiding under then bed when you say "bed time!"
Brooklyn ate the stuffing out of the bed!


Seriously dog trainers, let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment